Interesting Facts

nonstandard equipment The specialists of the plant are ready to produce any nonstandard equipment under the customer requirements.

More Interesting Facts

History

Alexandrovsk Machine Building Plant is one of the most well-known plants in Ural. Its history roots back to as early as 1802 when following Order No. 1455 of the Ural Berg-Collegium the count v. A. Vsevolozhsky was permitted to build iron works on the Lytva river. The construction was fast and in July 1808 Lytva plant (called so at that time) made its first cast iron that subsequently was delivered to Makaryevskaya fair, Nizhny Novgorod and St. Petersburg by wooden barges by the Lytva, Vilva, Yayva and other rivers.

The plant step by step increased its production power and in the 20-s of the 19th century the amount of the produced cast iron exceeded 233 thousand poods (13,869 kilos), which led the plant to the 25th place among the Ural plants. In total during those years 11 state-owned and 78 private Ural iron works including the Lytva plant produced 8.2 million poods of cast iron and 6.1 million poods of iron, which is 83 and 75 per cent of the overall Russian production respectively.

History of Aleksandrovsk Machine Building Plant

At the same time hard-coal deposit (Vladimirskoye deposit) was explored in the neighborhood of the Lytva plant on the Vostochnaya Lunva river. This determined the subsequent profile of the plant, which besides iron eliquation establishes the production of simple equipment for the Lunva coal deposit in the «building of the mechanical department», which was the name of the metal machine workshop at that time. At first those were hand tools for miners but subsequently the plant produced cars and buckets for manual coal and ore haulage, pneumatic hammers, coal-carrying machines and steam pumps of the «Kamera» type.

At the end of the 19th century having surrendered the competition with newly built metallurgical plants the owners count on manufacturing of equipment от bought metal keeping only one furnace for internal requirements. This eventually determined the profile of the plant as mechanical. In the first half of the 20th century the Aleksandrovsk plant became the main supplier of mine and rock equipment for the mines under construction at the newly opened Kizel coal deposits located near the town of Alexandrovsk. The equipment was produced mainly according to foreign analogues, which can be seen от the names: Sanfordeya cars, Radiolaks cutters, Sulzer pumps, Bob hummers, etc.

The Great Patriotic War was a special milestone in the history of the enterprise. Rearrangement of the production for military requirement was done within short time. Besides producing of load lifting and transportation equipment for mines the plant within a short time brought under manufacturing military products for the front, such as mortars and flame throwers, mine cases and air bombs, weapon cradles and special trailer units for anti-aircraft mounts. Regardless of the time young teenagers and old people worked side by side at those rough years. Everyone worked for two or three people gone to the front. This was a valiant deed of the workers on the home front under the militant slogan: «Everything for the front and everything for the victory!».

The first post-war years were also hard for the enterprise. It was again forced to rearrange its production for peaceful needs. After the release of Ukraine от the fascist invaders the Aleksandrovsk plant received an important government mission to render assistance in restoration of Donbass (Donetsk Basin) destroyed mines. Many plant workers were awarded with the medal «For restoration of the destroyed coal mines of Donbass» for the successful challenge.

Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant of Today

In 1956 a special design bureau was created at the plant following by the launch of upgrades of the serial equipment as well as the design of new samples for miners. The history of the plant stores the names of designers E. A. Neumoiv, A. I. Yushchenko, v. A. Maksimov, D. I. Gorozhankin, v. F. Sedyshov and many others contributed to the creation of the domestic mining equipment.

АМЗ

Today, Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant is a modern well-equipped enterprise with its own casthouse, forge-and-press, mechanical processing and assembly workshops being the leading producer of mine and rock equipment. The basis of the production of Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant are belt conveyors with belt width of 650, 800, 1000, 1200 and 1400 mm, as well as overhead wire locomotives with weight of 4, 7, 10 and 14 tons, rail-driven rock loaders, apron feeders of type 2 with belt width 1200 and 1500 mm, press-vulcanizers for connection and repair of conveyor belts, centrifugal sectional pumps. The products with brand ‘Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant’ are well-known by the miners of Kuzbass, Donbass, Primorye, Sakhalin, Buryatia, Pechorsky and other deposits of our country. Our equipment is successfully operated not only in coal industry but in other industries as well, including gold-mining, shale, cement and construction.
Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant of Today

In 1956 a special design bureau was created at the plant following by the launch of upgrades of the serial equipment as well as the design of new samples for miners. The history of the plant stores the names of designers E. A. Neumoiv, A. I. Yushchenko, v. A. Maksimov, D. I. Gorozhankin, v. F. Sedyshov and many others contributed to the creation of the domestic mining equipment.

Today, Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant is a modern well-equipped enterprise with its own casthouse, forge-and-press, mechanical processing and assembly workshops being the leading producer of mine and rock equipment. The basis of the production of Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant are belt conveyors with belt width of 650, 800, 1000, 1200 and 1400 mm, as well as overhead wire locomotives with weight of 4, 7, 10 and 14 tons, rail-driven rock loaders, apron feeders of type 2 with belt width 1200 and 1500 mm, press-vulcanizers for connection and repair of conveyor belts, centrifugal sectional pumps. The products with brand ‘Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant’ are well-known by the miners of Kuzbass, Donbass, Primorye, Sakhalin, Buryatia, Pechorsky and other deposits of our country. Our equipment is successfully operated not only in coal industry but in other industries as well, including gold-mining, shale, cement and construction.

Key strategy directions

The main marketing direction of our work today is the most complete satisfaction of the customer requirements. In this purpose our design engineers within on basis of base models short time design equipment samples for any mine and geological conditions. A team of our specialists in close co-operation with customers develop the products taking into account the specific requirements of the customer from planning and making a project to co-ordination at the site. This mainly relates to the production of belt conveyors. Due to flexible approach to customer requirements we manage to keep our position at the market with a strong competition among the producers. Today the plant produces the whole range of belt conveyors used in the industry.

Key strategy directions

The other direction of our marketing activities is participation in specialized exhibitions where there is possibility of meeting with the producers of mine equipment on the one hand and with the workers of mines, pits and open-casts operating this equipment on the other hand. Such links help to determine the directions of development of mine and rock machine building, to eliminate in short time design errors and to improve the equipment produced. Besides that, exhibitions help to evaluate the achievements of the competing enterprises and to define the pricing policy. Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant is the participant of many international exhibitions in Japan, England, Germany, Poland, Spain, Czech Republic and other countries. The equipment with brand «Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant» is well-known to the miners of India, Egypt, Bolivia, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Greece and other countries. The products of the plant was awarded with the diplomas of the all-Russia exhibition «Coal of Russia» and a number of international awards for the quality and trade image, such awards as «Arch of Europe. Gold star» (1993), «International diamond star for quality» (1995), «Gold star of Europe for quality» (1996), «Gold prize for commercial prestige» (1997), «International gold prize for quality» (1998), which prove trust of our customers at the world market as well.

We pay great attention to the improvement of the quality and reliability of our products. Joining of all quality-related departments of the plant under a single management helps to solve all tasks in complex and to co-ordinate actions. The way chosen presumes creation of such quality management system, which automatically avoids production of products with deviations of the requirements of the relevant technical and normative documentation. We are pleased to note that the efforts taken bring visible results. In the last years the plant has not received any claims. This is especially important as our products are operated in heavy underground conditions with restricted repair capacity.

The future is in updating of products

In market conditions our team makes actions for extension of the range of our products. The wide range of the products offered by Alexandrovsk Machine-Building Plant includes also specific solutions for ports, gold-mining industry, road construction. In this purpose the plant has launched a rolling mill for producing of welded pipes for internal requirements. In future we plan to mount the second rolling mill, which will allow increasing the production of different size pipes for our plant and for other customers.

Our specialists have brought under production of beam guard rails, which will completely cover the needs of the road builders in this type of products. We have implemented the production of a new press-vulcanizer with posistor heaters, which are produced by the plant under a license of Wagner Schwelm (Germany). We have also started to implement production of mine surface diesel locomotives for gaseous and dusty mines. They are intended to substitute battery locomotives operated with high costs compared to diesel locomotives.

Today we offer you the best serial products. High performance, simplicity and reliability, spare parts delivery at short notice — all this will ensure long and efficient operation of our products.